NARI CEU's available at the Green Home Summit 2014! August 22nd and 23rd.
The Green Homes Summit 2014 is a two-day conference to promote the awareness and adoption of residential building and renovation practices leading to healthy, energy efficient, and environmentally responsible dwellings. We are extremely pleased that the sessions will qualify for NARI CEU's in addition to BPI, AIA, GBCI, RESNET and Greenstar. One CEU per session with a total of 8 CEU's available for the two-day conference.
Click here to check out the conference agenda and session list to choose from.
Builders & Remodelers will learn about practical construction techniques to achieve a competitive edge in the growing energy efficient & sustainable home market.
You will also find value in networking with a host of other professionals who work in, on and around homes:
- Builders/Property Developers
- Home Performance/HVAC Contractors
- Consultants in Energy/Sustainability
- Property Owners in Multi-Family
- Real Estate/Finance Community
- Government/Code Officials
- Suppliers and Manufacturers
The expo hall is open to homeowners free of charge!
Click here to register for the conference. Be sure to use the promo code NARI2014 to receive a discounted registration fee. Group discounts are also available for multiple NARI members who register at the same time. Follow the link here to see the special NARI discount for multiple member registrations. Take the appropriate staff to this event or pair up with multiple contractors to $ave.
Exhibitor and sponsor spots are also still available, please email email@example.com if you are interested, or have questions.
Attention Ohio Valley NARI Golfers!
is sponsoring a Hole-In-One Contest at the NARI Golf Outing on Thursday, August 14, 2014! If you hit a Hole-In-One on our sponsored hole, you will win a Tiger Eye Precious Stone Slab!
This Precious Stone is valued at $20,000.00! The slab will be on display at the course!
In the meantime, stop by the best Slab Showroom in Cincinnati!
4438 Muhlhauser Road, Suite 500
Cincinnati, OH 45244
www.montgranite.com | www.naricincinnati.org
We look forward to seeing you on the course!
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Ohio Valley NARI Welcomes two new members to the association.
Kemper Design/Louisville Tile has been serving the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee markets for over 50 years. Their showroom is located at 3200 E. Kemper Road in Cincinnati. We are proud to offer the latest trends in ceramic, porcelain, stone, glass and metal tile from many of the industry's leading manufacturers. Call Debby Parfenchuk at (513) 936-8453 for more information. Visit them on the web at www.louisville-tile.com
Craig Russell is the owner of The English Contractor & Remodeling Services, a fully licensed and insured general contractor providing a range of professional services. He has been fondly known as The English Handyman, who believes that your time should be spent enjoying your family, friends, and participating in activities you enjoy! With extensive construction experience and his team of professionals he can translate the project of your dreams into a reality. The English Contractor serves the entire Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan area from their home base in Terrance Park. He can be reached at (513) 726-3180 and visited on the web at www.theenglishcontractor.com
Ohio Bureau of Worker's Compensation - Fiscal Year 2015 Group Rating Safety Program Requirements and Resources
Each year Ohio employers have the opportunity to participate in BWC's Group-Experience-Rating Program or Group-Retrospective-Rating Program. While these programs are not required, they do provide you with an opportunity to significantly reduce your workers' compensation premiums, while increasing your awareness of safety and risk-management strategies.
Workplace safety is an important component of these programs. To succeed in accident prevention, we encourage you to use the many resources available to you. We believe a group-rating program is a partnership that includes you and your employees, Ohio Valley NARI and/or a third-party administrator (TPA) and BWC. Each has specific roles and responsibilities, all designed to assist in preventing workplace accidents. This letter outlines the safety services expectations you should have as an employer enrolled in a group-rating program.
The employer will:
* Maintain a safe workplace;
* Attend safety training to enhance workplace safety;
* Use BWC's safety services as needed;
* Fulfill the required two-hour training requirement and
provide proof of attendance to sponsor for claim(s) occurring within the last year.
Ohio Valley NARI will:
* Sponsor eight hours of safety training (this may be done at one time or may be provided incrementally as long as the total is at least eight hours);
* Provide information regarding safety resources to group members;
* Possibly assist an employer in achieving its safety needs;
* Manage employer fulfillment of the two-hour training requirement, where applicable;
* Publish this letter to group members.
The TPA may:
* Assist Ohio Valley NARI with fulfilling the group-rating safety requirements;
* Assist an employer with its safety needs;
* Work in conjunction with Ohio Valley NARI to develop safety training and deliver safety resources;
* Provide resources for claims handling.
* Monitor all group-rating safety activities to confirm requirements are met;
* Remain in communication with Ohio Valley NARI to provide recommendations for fulfilling safety requirements;
* Provide safety training through Ohio's Center for Occupational Safety & Health;
* Offer on-site safety consultation (hazard assessments, air and noise monitoring, ergonomics evaluation, training) by a BWC safety professional;
* Offer publications and videos for safety program support;
* Conduct employer visits to confirm the employer is meeting group-rating requirements, when appropriate.
The goal of this collaborative effort is to make sure all your safety needs are met. Using these resources will assist you in preventing accidents, reducing claims costs and achieving the highest discounts possible. Below you'll find contact information for various resources.
Guidelines for Group Rating FY 15
Our contact for Ohio Valley NARI for FY 2015 is below:
NARI Ohio Valley
NARI Education and Certification
Late summer brings the ringing school bell for students in our area and with Ohio Valley NARI it is no different. There are a number of Virtual Study Groups getting started in September and October for the various certification programs with NARI. In September the CLC, CR, CRA, CRS, CKBR, and GCP prep all kickoff followed by the UDCP and CRPM virtual study groups in October. Please follow the link here to learn more and sign up to prepare certification testing.
Ohio Valley NARI
136 S. Keowee Street
Dayton, OH 45402